3SC’s vision is to enable the third sector to deliver an ever-increasing share of public services. We bring voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations to public service procurement opportunities that they might otherwise not be able to access, develop bid winning consortia and manage their performance when in contract.
This is based on the conviction that the priorities and needs of people using public services in our communities, particularly those who are hardest-to-reach, are best met by experienced, local, passionate and mission-driven organisations who can deliver effective outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced Bid Development Manager to:
- Monitor and maintain all tender and tracker websites/systems/portals and identify and flag any new market opportunities for the business.
- Liaise with potential supply chain delivery and prime organisations in the planning, writing, development and delivery of bid submissions.
- Produce professionally written bid submission copy that clearly articulates 3SC’s value proposition and wins contracts in response to invitations to tender and other solicited and unsolicited tender opportunities as required.
- Liaise with the relevant 3SC Operations Teams, Finance Team and other internal and external stakeholders as applicable in the creation of tender/ bid opportunities.
- Take responsibility for the creation, writing, production and submission of bids/tender/proposal responses, ensuring they meet all relevant bid specifications including deadline requirements in order to win new contracts.
You must have a good understanding of the VCSE sector, public service procurement systems and delivery, and preferably, experience working in Government funded market sectors and programmes including employment, justice, young people, disabilities and health and social care.
Proven experience of working on complex public sector bids, bid-writing and management are essential as well as a proven track record in winning £multi-million bids.
This role requires an ability to work flexibly under pressure and to demanding deadlines which may require working outside normal office hours.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Joanne Cholerton at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 19 September 2018.